Career Services Events
JOMC Career Services assists School of Journalism and Mass Communication undergraduates and master’s students with every aspect of career preparation. Services include:
- Appointments and walk-in hours with career counselors in Carroll Hall.
- Help with crafting a resume, cover letter and portfolio.
- Resources for locating internships and entry-level jobs, including Careerolina.
- Workshops targeted to J-school students throughout the academic year.
- Enrollment in JOMC 394: Mass Communication Practicum for earning one credit during a fall, spring or summer internship.
JOMC Career Services staff
Schedule an appointment with Jay or Christy. Appointments generally last 30 minutes and you may schedule appointments up to two weeks in advance. Walk-in hours for quick questions are on Mondays from 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.
What our 2012 graduates say
"J-school Career Services is awesome! I've gotten internships and prospects from the ListServ."
"Career Services has been very crucial in helping me find jobs and I highly recommend it to anyone else who is job searching."
Kimberly Summers interned this past fall with the North Carolina Governor's press office helping with media relations and events.
Kelly Parsons interviews a Washington Redskins fan. Kelly was an intern on the sports desk of The Washington Times in summer 2012.